Smith's online course catalogue includes course listings (description, instructor and offered terms), department data, information on majors and minors, honors programs, and cross-listed and interdepartmental courses. A search function allows you to find courses by course number, department, keywords in the title, term offered, number of credits, fields of knowledge and professor.
The Five College consortium increases your choices. Four liberal arts colleges—Smith, Amherst, Hampshire and Mount Holyoke—along with the University of Massachusetts, offer joint courses of study as well as certificate programs in interdisciplinary fields. Courses are available at no extra cost to Smith students.
There are several courses in other departments that are available for credit. Other courses may be considered for credit by the department by petition.
- CSC 250 Foundations of Computer Science
- CSC 252 Algorithms
- CSC 274 Computational Geometry
- LOG 100 Valid and Invalid Reasoning: What Follows from What?
- PHI 202 Symbolic Logic
- PHI 203 Topics in Symbolic Logic
- PHI 220 Incompleteness and Inconsistency: Topics in the Philosophy of Logic
- PHY 211 Mathematical Methods of Physical Sciences and Engineering II
- QSK 101 Quantitative Skills